Take part in Pasco Paddlepalooza Events!
Cotee River Trash Can Slam Fishing Tournament Sunday April 17, 2016 during Pasco Paddlepalooza.
This is a photo release tournament. All fish must be legal size to count for points. There is a 40 point bonus if you catch the trash can slam (first 5 fish on the list). In the event of a tie; the longest Ladyfish wins. The winning prizes are based upon the amount of entry fees collected. The winnings will be split first 30%, second 20%, and third 10%. The remaining 40% goes to the Beautification of the Cotee River Bridge Project.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This is an angler tournament with no limit on how many anglers per boat or kayak.
- Registration fee is $100 per boat or kayak.
- All participants must have boat insurance.
- Eligible Species: Pinfish, Catfish, Remora, Shark, Stingray, Ladyfish, Bluefish, Sheephead, Black Drum, Jack Crevalle, Black Sea Bass, Spotted Sea Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Flounder, Redfish, Snook, Cobia
- Anglers must have paid and registered by Saturday April 16, 2016 by 5:00 pm at the Captain’s Meeting held upstairs at Whiskey River.
- Hours of fishing are 8:00 am until 3:00 pm Sunday April 17, 2016.
- Fishing boundaries include all inland and tributary waters from Hudson channel to Anclote channel including the Gulf of Mexico as far west as you safely care to go
- All fish must be caught by hand held rods and reels.
- Photo release: pictures must be taken with nose facing left, flush against the measuring sticker (available at the Captain’s Meeting). All measurement numbers must be visible in the photo along with your angler number that you will be given at the Captain’s Meeting. If the measuring numbers and your number is not visible, the photo will be disqualified. Pinched tails and the picture must include the entire fish and clearly show the overall length. Photos must be submitted no later than 3:00pm.
- Anglers are responsible for providing their own digital photo equipment. Only Digital photos and smart phone photos will be accepted. You will need to text them to (727)364-7516 from your phone or tablet.
- The object is for the anglers to catch each species.
- The first angler that texts their photos showing the measurement of each species will be the First Place winner. Second and third place will follow.
- Anglers must have a fishing license and must abide by state and federal regulations.
- Good sportsmanship, etiquette and the honor system applies.
- Protests must be submitted in writing and accompanied by a $100.00 deposit by 4:00 pm, April 17, 2016.
- A dispute of any kind will be decided upon by the Weighmaster and will be finalized.
- The photo weigh-in is at 3:00 pm at Sunset Landing Marina 5115 Sunset Blvd Port Richey, FL 34668. Tournament winners must be present to receive the awards. If the winners are not present they forfeit their winnings. Awards will be given at approximately 5:00 pm Sunday April 17, 2016 at Hooters.
- The BBA Board has the right to change the rules up to or during the anglers meeting. We also reserve the right to refuse any registration. The decisions made by the BBA board will be final.
- The VIP after party will commence at Hooters on Sunday April 17th at approximately 4:00pm. Winners of the fishing tournament and the Bridge to Bridge Paddle Challenge will be announced at Hooters.
Eligible species and point system:
Black Drum: 9
Jack Crevalle: 10
Black Sea Bass: 11
Spotted Sea Trout: 12
Spanish Mackerel: 13